Pages

Monday, April 9, 2012

Ellie's New Job

Hello all! Sorry that I haven't been posting lately. Ellie has been really busy getting ready for her new job, and hasn't had the time to help me write my blogs! She was hired by a brand new company called Emerald Street Kennels. It is a doggie daycare/boarding/grooming/training facility which was built from the ground up! Ellie even got to have some input on what to include in the different rooms. She was hired to create the dog training program there, and she will also be grooming and sometimes supervising the daycare people to make sure things are going smoothly. She has been training the employees on dog body language and behavior, to help keep them and the doggies safe and comfortable.



Here is Rocky showing his approval of the outdoor play area:




Well, today is opening day! Ellie will be going into work in a few hours to help with the closing shift. She is so excited! In a few weeks she will start teaching group classes again, and plans on doing a variety of classes. These are just some of her many class ideas:

-Puppy Socialization (which will include introducing the pups to things that could be scary... like umbrellas, wheelchairs, etc... plus introduction to other pups and people)

-Puppy Manners (Sit, stay, down, recall, loose leash, potty training, solving jumping up and mouthing, etc.)

-Adult Manners (Sit, stay, down, recall, loose leash, wait, leave-it, drop-it, solving jumping up, barking, mouthing, counter surfing, etc.)

-Beginning Tricks (shake, roll-over, high-five, target, etc.)

-Advanced Tricks (introduction to core positions to build muscles and endurance, rear-end awareness, weaves, backwards weaves, speak, play-dead, back-up, cross paws, act ashamed, cop-cop, etc.)

-Intro to Canine Freestyle (how to pick good music, choreography, heel work, weaves, rear-end awareness, back-up, jumps, everybody show off a short routine at the end)



What do you think? What do you wish YOU could learn in a class?

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on your new job Ellie, we are sure you'll do a GREAT job!!

    Our human is looking for a job at the moment, but she is thinking of starting her own business :)

    Licks and lots of slobber,
    Lexi and Jasper the Danes

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOO how exciting! Good luck! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - how very exciting for Ellie!! Sounds like a dream job! I'm sure she's going to be wonderful and a BIG help to all those doggies & their humans - they're lucky to have her teach them! I wish I could come to ALL those classes - hee! hee! Well, me & my human are a bit of a training class junkie - we love going to classes, even though we know most of the stuff already - we just really love the atmosphere of classes and having a teacher tell us what to do...(I think it's a leftover from Hsin-Yi's love of school). People think we're crazy coz they keep asking Hsin-Yi why bother since I'm so well-trained already but Hsin-Yi says they don't realise that the fun is in the learning process, not in the result! :-)

    Make sure your human tells us all about her new job and lots of stories! :-)

    SLobbers,
    Honey the Great Dane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even though I'm six I would need the adult manners class. I need to work on my basic training again since my mom person has been sick a lot the past several years and hasn't been re-inforcing what I learned as a puppy.

    I hope your person just loves her new job, it sounds great.

    My name is Oskar & I'd like to invite you to be featured on my blog at www.PetBlogsUnited.com. It's a great way to meet new blogging friends. If you're interested you can drop me a line at PBU at comcast dot net.

    Nubbin wiggles,
    Oskar

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the new job. I think some sort of unique, cute trick thrown in amongst obedience lessons would be a nice added bonus.

    ReplyDelete

Please Subscribe to be notified of replies!