Pages

Friday, February 3, 2012

What the vet said...


Hello, Treasure here. Last week, I went to the vet because of a broken tooth. Well, I am here to report that the tooth has to come out! Oh no! The vet said that it doesn't have to be done right away, but it would be best to do it soon. He said that the "pulp" is exposed, and that means that it is really easy for yucky bacteria to get into the roots and gums. Ewwwwww! I am really not looking forward to having the tooth pulled out. I'm pretty attached to it, you see...

In other news, the vet said that he likes the raw diet I have been eating, and that I seem very healthy. That's good! He also noticed that my eyes look a little bit... different. Ellie has been saying that since I was a very small puppy! He rushed into the back room and brought a book all about doggie eyes and different things that can be wrong with them. He showed us a picture that looks a lot like my eyes. Ellie doesn't remember what he said it was... something about the iris being deformed, and "fixed" in one place, so that my pupils don't expand and contract as easily as most doggie eyes. He was really excited about the discovery, because he loves looking at different types of eyes. He even tried to take pictures of them, but he didn't have a very good picture machine, and the lighting was bad in the room. So, he requested that we email some pictures to him. Ellie tried a few times to get good pictures, but in the end, she had to find some old pictures. They aren't the clearest, but hopefully you can see enough to notice that my eyes are different.







Well, Ellie let the vet know that I am really sensitive to sunlight. I'm always squinting in bright light. After the vet heard this, he recommended that I get some doggles to protect my eyes! I don't have them yet, but Ellie is going to get me a pair sometime soon. We will be sure to take pictures!

4 comments:

  1. Honey the Great DaneFebruary 3, 2012 at 7:56 PM

    Oh Treasure - I'm sorry to hear what the vet said about your tooth - but maybe it's better just to get it over with as quickly as possible!!

    And wow - you DO have unusual eyes! Almost like star-shaped!! :-)

    SLobbers,
    Honey the Great Dane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Treasure the DachshundFebruary 3, 2012 at 8:26 PM

    Hello Honey! I guess pulling it out would be better than getting a really bad toothache later because of yucky germs.

    Ellie always liked my speckled blue eyes! :)

    ~Treasure the Dachshund

    ReplyDelete
  3.  Don't worry Treasure, having your bad tooth removed will be much better in the long run and means you won't get bad gums :)

    Your eyes are very different, but it makes you unique :)  I, Jasper have strange eyes as well, my eye balls are oval and not round, so when I look directly at something it look like I'm looking past it :)

    Licks and lots of slobber,
    Lexi and Jasper the Danes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Treasure...do you think the tooth fairies wil bring you a present for your bravery?  Good luck..  Maybe you have extra speical infra red night vision to help you continue working on that great treat dispenser you have through the night... 

    ReplyDelete

Please Subscribe to be notified of replies!