Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Broken Tooth = Bad Day

Hello... Treasure here. Ellie noticed last night that my breath was smelling a bit... different. So she checked the inside of my mouth. I am pretty used to this, because she checks my mouth at least a few times a month. Usually more. Well, I am sad to report that one of my teeth is broken! There's some yucky tarter stuff built up on that side because I'm not using it as much to chew my food. I am on a raw diet, you see, so my teeth are usually in tip-top shape. Just so everybody knows... if you do the raw diet correctly, it does NOT cause broken teeth. Ellie says that this was just a freak accident. She didn't notice it right away because I'm not acting like I am in any pain. Here are pictures of both sides of my mouth to compare:






So now I have to go to the V-E-T. Ellie says that he is going to look at my teeth and make me feel better. I hardly ever have to go to the V-E-T to be checked out, because I am a very healthy dog due to my raw diet. I have only been twice before in my 5 years of life. Once for my puppy check-up, and the other to get spayed. (whatever that means) But, I have been to the office a few times before without getting checked out, so that I can get used to being there. It's not so bad... but I would much rather stay home. Oh well.




4 comments:

  1. Ooo that's not nice :(   We're sure the V-E-T will get it all fixed up for you!

    You have been super healthy dog, only 2 visits in your 5years!!  Congrats to you and your human :)

    Licks and lots of slobber,
    Lexi and Jasper the Danes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor you :-(
    Hope you get better soon,

    Love,
    Lincoln

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honey the Great DaneFebruary 3, 2012 at 5:56 PM

    Oh Treasure - I'm sorry to hear about your broken tooth! I hope the vet fixes it up right!

    And yeah - I totally agree - I'm on the Raw Diet too and if it's done right, it's GREAT for your teeth! :-)

    Wishing you better soon!

    Slobbers,
    Honey the Great Dane

    ReplyDelete

Please Subscribe to be notified of replies!